- 1st Mar 2017, CMP: Rs 1,518
- Large Cap – Mkt Cap 33,900 crores
- OFS Retail Cut off Price: Rs 1,557/share plus a 5% discount
- Advice: Buy now from the secondary market at CMP
Here is a post Offer for Sale (OFS) note on Bharat Electronics Ltd (BEL).
About the OFS Offer
OFS Application dates were from 22-23rd Feb with only the second day for Retail. Govt of India sold 1.11 cr. equity shares – 5.0% of stake in BEL, through the OFS route. This was done to meet FY17 divestment targets. The shareholding was 74.4% which has come down to 69.4% after the OFS. The OFS floor price was Rs 1,498; 20% of OFS offer was reserved for Retail, who also got 5% discount. See detailed OFS report: Bharat Electronics – A Value BUY
Post OFS applications and allotment
- The Retail quota got subscribed 3.67 times; overall the issue was subscribed 5.3 times. Due to high demand, the actual allotment price/ cut-off was fixed at Rs. 1,558 for retail. After a 5% discount this translates into a price of Rs. 1,479.
- Many investors lost out on allotment due to 1) sudden OFS announcement 2) confusion around floor price v/s cut off price 3) High cut off price.
- The share is trading at Rs. 1,518 which is 2.6% higher than discounted OFS price. See Figure above. BEL stock is also 7% below the all-time high of 1,624 of 30th Jan 2017, and 50% above the 1 year low of 1,009 of 1st Mar 2016, reflecting a sharp price uptick in the recent past.
- We had also written about a transformation in the public sector – A Repurpose for our PSUs
- BEL is still a value stock for investors who may buy the shares from the open market.
- IPOs, OFS and FFOs focus attention of investors on a particular stock. However far better bargains are available in the listed company/ secondary markets.
JainMatrix Knowledge Base
See other useful reports:
- Whats different about the Investment Service from JainMatrix? – A video
- Why are Indian stock markets attractive for Investments? – A video
- BSE IPO: Put this Exchange on Hold – Report plus Video
- CPSE ETF FFO – An Energizing Offer – Report plus Video
- Balmer Lawrie – An Update
- Why Stocks, and Investment Outlook – Dec 2016 – A Video
- Investment Outlook – Short Term Pain, Medium Term Gain
- The Natural Quotient: A Sustainability Metric for Business
- PNB Housing Finance IPO: A Transformed Lender
- Endurance Technologies IPO
- ICICI Prudential Insurance IPO – An Expensive BUY
- GNA Axels IPO
- RBL Bank IPO
- New Banks: Big Changes in Small Change
- Equitas IPO – Leader in SF Banks
- Do you want to be a value investor?
- Mahanagar Gas IPO
- A Repurpose for our PSUs
- How to Approach the Stock Market – A Lesson from Warren Buffet
- Announcement – SEBI approval as a Research Analyst
- Visit and Like JainMatrix FB or Follow on JainMatrix Twitter for reports
- Check back on the website jainmatrix.com for updates.
Do you find this site useful?
- Visit the Investment Service page to find how you can get more. Or Click LINK
- Register Now to get our Free reports and much more, on the top right of this page, or by filling this Signup Form CLICK.
This document has been prepared by JainMatrix Investments Bangalore (JM), and is meant for use by the recipient only as information and is not for circulation. This document is not to be reported or copied or made available to others without prior permission of JM. It should not be considered or taken as an offer to sell or a solicitation to buy or sell any security. The information contained in this report has been obtained from sources that are considered to be reliable. However, JM has not independently verified the accuracy or completeness of the same. Punit Jain discloses that he has no current holding in BEL, and JM has no known financial interests in BEL or any related firm. Neither JM nor any of its affiliates, its directors or its employees accepts any responsibility of whatsoever nature for the information, statements and opinion given, made available or expressed herein or for any omission therein. Recipients of this report should be aware that past performance is not necessarily a guide to future performance and value of investments can go down as well. The suitability or otherwise of any equity investments will depend upon the recipient’s particular circumstances and, in case of doubt, advice should be sought from an independent expert/advisor. Punit Jain is a registered Research Analyst and compliant with SEBI (Research Analysts) Regulations, 2014. Any questions should be directed to the director of JM at email@example.com