- Date: 09th May 2019
- Industry – Airlines
- CMP: Rs 1,575
- Large Cap of Rs 58,000 cr. mkt cap
- Overview: IndiGo is the market leader in Indian aviation with a low cost carrier model. It has a dominating domestic market share of 46.9%. The revenue and profit were Rs 23,967 crores and Rs 2,242 cr. resp. for FY18. The Income, EBITDA and profits have grown 31.6%, 26.6% and 21.3% CAGR over 8 years. The aggressive growth plans are in place for capacity addition. The Airline industry in India is going to see massive growth. With a big population, low penetration and weak railway sector, it should continue to grow at 15% over next few years. IGO has a strong brand and a leading domestic market share, consistent delivery and high growth. It has executed well on its LCC strategy. IGO has expanded the market with its growth. It will continue to dominate Indian skies due to network effect and good capacity additions. The IGO share is high due to market share gains, the Jet failure and Boeing grounding, inspite of high ATF prices. However there are several risks.
- Key risks: 1) crude price rise affects ATF prices leading to sharp profit falls 2) large sector capacity adds puts pressure on prices 3) The risk of an engine failure is still there
Get the recommendation and free research report: For our Investment recommendation and free access to the entire 8 page PDF report:
- fill your correct details on page – https://jainmatrix.com/talk-to-us/
- In Question or Additional Information section, write – Indigo Airlines
- You will receive the report in about 1 working day.
On 30th May, 2017 we had published a report for subscribers for a HOLD call at Rs. 1,060 after sharp share price fall on account of a one-time event. The share price is up 49% since then. SIGN UP for the investment service subscription to gain exclusive access to high quality investment reports.
This document has been prepared by JainMatrix Investments Bangalore (JM), and is meant for use by the recipient only as information and is not for circulation. This document is not to be reported or copied or made available to others without prior permission of JM. It should not be considered or taken as an offer to sell or a solicitation to buy or sell any security. The information contained in this report has been obtained from sources that are considered to be reliable. However, JM has not independently verified the accuracy or completeness of the same. Punit Jain discloses that he has been an investor in IGO since Nov 2015. He has also flown Indigo Airlines several times as a normal paying customer. Other than this JM has no known financial interests in IGO or Interglobe Aviation or any related firm. Neither JM nor any of its affiliates, its directors or its employees accepts any responsibility of whatsoever nature for the information, statements and opinion given, made available or expressed herein or for any omission therein. Recipients of this report should be aware that past performance is not necessarily a guide to future performance and value of investments can go down as well. The suitability or otherwise of any investments will depend upon the recipient’s particular circumstances and, in case of doubt, advice should be sought from an independent expert/advisor. Punit Jain is a registered Research Analyst under SEBI (Research Analysts) Regulations, 2014. JM has been publishing equity research reports since Nov 2012. Any questions should be directed to the director of JainMatrix Investments at firstname.lastname@example.org.