Date: 3rd Feb 2017
Introduction: We had published a report on the FFO (Further Fund Offer) of CPSE ETF on 14th Jan, 2017. And recommended a BUY with a 1 year perspective. You can have a look at the report on the following LINK and the video on this LINK.
Here is an update about the offer and about the performance of the CPSE ETF FFO.
- Subscription response: The Reliance Mutual Fund managed CPSE ETF opened for applications from 17-20th It was subscribed by 2.30 times, with bids worth Rs13,802 cr. coming in against the issue size of Rs 6,000 cr. The FFO received 250,000 applications, with good demand across investor segments.
- Allotment: Retail investors were favoured in this offer. It seems that full allotment has been made to all retail applicant applying up to Rs. 2 lakh worth of this Fund. Investors may also get a rounding off amount credited as refund.
- Discount: A discount of 5 % on the FFO Reference Market Price of Index was offered to retail.
- FFO Price: The FFO Allotment Price is approximately equal to 1/100thof Nifty CPSE Index minus discount. The allotment price was Rs 25.21 and this tranche was listed on 31st Jan.
- Performance: The EOD closing price on the exchange was Rs. 27.88 today, ie. 3rd Feb, 2017. This translates into a gain of 10.6% in 14 days.
- Advice: (We stay with our recommendations) that this is a medium risk, medium return offering suitable for conservative investors. Buy with a 1 year perspective.
- News: Based on the success of this second tranche of CPSE ETF, the Union Budget for FY 2017-18 announced that the government will continue to divest stake in state-owned companies in FY18 in the form of variations of CPSE ETF.
This document has been prepared by JainMatrix Investments Bangalore (JM), and is meant for use by the recipient only as information and is not for circulation. This document is not to be reported or copied or made available to others without prior permission of JM. It should not be considered or taken as an offer to sell or a solicitation to buy or sell any security. The information contained in this report has been obtained from sources that are considered to be reliable. However, JM has not independently verified the accuracy or completeness of the same. Punit Jain has an ownership in CPSE ETF 2014 units and CPSE ETF 2017 as a Retail applicant in NFO/ FFO only. Other than this JM has no known financial interests in CPSE ETF / Reliance Mutual Fund or any related firm. Neither JM nor any of its affiliates, its directors or its employees accepts any responsibility of whatsoever nature for the information, statements and opinion given, made available or expressed herein or for any omission therein. Recipients of this report should be aware that past performance is not necessarily a guide to future performance and value of investments can go down as well. The suitability or otherwise of any investments will depend upon the recipient’s particular circumstances and, in case of doubt, advice should be sought from an independent expert/advisor. Punit Jain is a registered Research Analyst and compliant with SEBI (Research Analysts) Regulations, 2014. Any questions should be directed to the director of JainMatrix Investments at firstname.lastname@example.org .