We have seen a jump of IPO listing on the exchanges this year, but if these new norms and rules come into existence, the trickle may grow into a flood. The new opportunity – Startups.
In this article from Economic Times, there is news of norms being created for listing of Startups, to allow them to access funds from India based investors. At the same time, since Startups may have complex business models, are riskier, and may even switch businesses (pivot), the plan is to protect Retail investors by having higher minimum application size.
See all the details here. Listing of Startups – an article by Economic Times
This appears to be part of the initiative of ‘Improving the ease of doing business’ in India, something that the government has hinted at in the Budget and other occasions.
JAINMATRIX KNOWLEDGE BASE:
See other useful reports
- INOX Wind IPO – Positive, and One for the Environment
- Adlabs IPO – Premature Offering, Avoid
- Page Industries – The Jockey Rides Too Fast
- Apple Inc. and the Happiest Moment
- The Case for the JainMatrix Direct Equity Service
- Godrej Properties – A Towering Success
- Happy New Year 2015 – the year of Focus and Concentration
- Top performing sectors in 2015 – An Interview
- MidCap Portfolio – Celebratory Outperformance
- V-Guard Industries – Electrifying Growth
- Motherson Sumi Systems
- Tata Motors – A Jaguar like leap
- Large-Cap Portfolio Investment Note