Date: 15th May 2014
JainMatrix Investments presents the May 2014 update of its Large Cap Model Portfolio.
- The year 2014 has seen the Indian indices move into new high territory. The stock investment climate remains positive with events such as strengthening Indian rupee, fall in inflation, a high decibel general election and some stability at RBI and the banking sector.
- FIIs were early on the trends with high investment inflows. This was also aided by the other BRICS and emerging economies not looking as good as India.
- The next major trigger is the General election results. Elections closed on May 12th and the exit polls indicated a win for the BJP. The markets rapidly priced it in with a 6% appreciation in 3 days. We now expect Retail to enter the market in larger numbers, and the IPOs season to start again.
- Risks at this stage are a weak domestic monsoon, inflation rise and a fractured election mandate.
- We remain positive on the markets, and feel that it’s time for investors to Review their Investment portfolio, prune the lower quality/ underperformers and rebalance their holdings. JainMatrix Investments has launched its Portfolio Review Service to this end.
- Theme: The Large Cap Model Portfolio investment theme remains – Sector leaders and undervalued but fundamentally sound challengers, from sectors we are positive on. The investor should continue his stable long term wealth building process with these Large-Caps.
- Performance: In a volatile environment, the portfolio performed well. We also expect the performance to improve in the next few quarters.
- The Large Cap Portfolio has 7 Buys and a Hold.
- Investors need to continue to invest in these shares in a SIP mode.
The rest of this report is shared with only our subscribers.
Some previous Updates for this Portfolio
See other useful reports
- Petronet LNG
- Wonderla IPO
- Yes Bank
- Central Public Sector Enterprises ETF
- Are we in a new Bull Run?
- Engineers India
- Balkrishna Industries
- Mindtree Ltd.
- Adani Port and SEZ
- Power Grid of India
Not a subscriber? Sign up for a JainMatrix Investments subscription to help navigate your investment journey. Visit Subscribe.
Do you find this site useful?
- Visit the SUBSCRIBE page to find how you can get more. Click LINK
- Register Now to get our Free reports and much more, on the top right of this page, or by filling this Signup Form CLICK.
This document has been prepared by JainMatrix Investments Bangalore (JM), and is meant for use by the recipient only as information and is not for circulation. This document is not to be reported or copied or made available to others without prior permission of JM. It should not be considered or taken as an offer to sell or a solicitation to buy or sell any security. The information contained in this report has been obtained from sources that are considered to be reliable. However, JM has not independently verified the accuracy or completeness of the same. Neither JM nor any of its affiliates, its directors or its employees accepts any responsibility of whatsoever nature for the information, statements and opinion given, made available or expressed herein or for any omission therein. Recipients of this report should be aware that past performance is not necessarily a guide to future performance and value of investments can go down as well. The suitability or otherwise of any investments will depend upon the recipient’s particular circumstances and, in case of doubt, advice should be sought from an independent expert/advisor. Either JM or its affiliates or its directors or its employees or its representatives or its clients or their relatives may have position(s), make market, act as principal or engage in transactions of securities of companies referred to in this report and they may have used the research material prior to publication. Any questions should be directed to the director of JainMatrix Investments at email@example.com