Oct 8, 2013
In 26 days from today, we usher in Diwali 2013. Usually it is analysts who get asked the question on the outlook. Instead, I would ask you the reader to answer this, in terms of a poll.
I am trying to sense the mood, and this will be a useful exercise for us all.
To recap, right now, the indices are at – Sensex – 19,998 and Nifty 5,931. The 5.5 year old Jan 2008 all time highs were – Sensex 21,200 (6% away) and Nifty 6,357 (7% away). For more details, see the MC links of Sensex and Nifty.
Here’s the Diwali Outlook Poll
- You can take this Poll only once
- Please answer with only one option, including ‘Other’.
- Feel free to add your comments to this Page.
You can see the results of the Poll so far right away.
One thought on “Outlook for Diwali 2013”
I am positive on the outlook for 2013 despite the turmoil in the political front. India has the following advantages.
1) A large number of its population is young – less than 30.
2) A large population also creates a great demand for products
3) The economy temporarily dips but bounces back quickly. This is evident
from the index currently at the stock markets.
4) A lot of start ups are also happening in India,currently.