Date: 20th Mar 2014
JainMatrix Investments launched its Mid Cap portfolio in Feb 2013. This is the March 2014 update of this Model portfolio along with a review of the performance and a recap of the individual stocks.
Here’s the brief investment note:
- The year 2014 opened on a positive note. The major Indices are at all-time highs, and we are seeing heavy investments by FIIs and a pre-election rally, since the election schedule was announced on 5th March.
- The election results are unpredictable, and more so the effect of these on the economy. But our feel is that the economy is past its worst, and is on a recovery path.
- The INR/USD appears to be gaining strength, another sign of improvement. Inflation appears to be down, perhaps from improving supply rather than falling demand. With good rainfall this year, we are seeing better agricultural production. The beaten down sectors such as capital goods, infrastructure, oil & gas and mid-caps, are seeing a revival.
- The uncertainties on the horizon include an inconclusive election result, USA monetary tightening and the Ukraine – Russia tensions.
- Theme: The investment theme for now is – exports, private sector banks, NBFCs and selective infrastructure. The investor should continue his wealth building process with Mid-Caps.
- Performance: In a volatile environment, the portfolio performed very well. On average the 6 Buy recommendation shares were up by 40.8%. But including the one Hold and one Sell (recommendations in Dec 2013) the portfolio gained by an absolute 16.5%.
- This compares well with the Benchmark Indices CNX Midcap (-6.5%) and BSE Midcap (-7.4%) which fell in this period.
- There is one addition to this portfolio, in this report, so now there are 7 shares in this portfolio that are BUY recommendations and one Hold.
- Investors need to continue to invest in these shares in a SIP mode.
The rest of this report is shared with only current subscribers.
Some previous Updates for this Portfolio
Not a subscriber? Sign up for a JainMatrix Investments subscription to help navigate your investment journey. Visit Subscribe.
Do you find this site useful?
- Visit the SUBSCRIBE page to find how you can get more. Click LINK
- Register Now to get our Free reports and much more, on the top right of this page, or by filling this Signup Form CLICK.
This document has been prepared by JainMatrix Investments Bangalore (JM), and is meant for use by the recipient only as information and is not for circulation. This document is not to be reported or copied or made available to others without prior permission of JM. It should not be considered or taken as an offer to sell or a solicitation to buy or sell any security. The information contained in this report has been obtained from sources that are considered to be reliable. However, JM has not independently verified the accuracy or completeness of the same. Neither JM nor any of its affiliates, its directors or its employees accepts any responsibility of whatsoever nature for the information, statements and opinion given, made available or expressed herein or for any omission therein. Recipients of this report should be aware that past performance is not necessarily a guide to future performance and value of investments can go down as well. The suitability or otherwise of any investments will depend upon the recipient’s particular circumstances and, in case of doubt, advice should be sought from an independent expert/advisor. Either JM or its affiliates or its directors or its employees or its representatives or its clients or their relatives may have position(s), make market, act as principal or engage in transactions of securities of companies referred to in this report and they may have used the research material prior to publication. Any questions should be directed to the director of JainMatrix Investments at firstname.lastname@example.org