This weekend I visited a conference in Bangalore called Startup City. This is apparently an annual phenomenon, and I was frankly surprised at the energy, the excitement and the talent on display here.
The stalls were dominated by software product & service companies, plus Ecommerce, hardware, networking and devices firms, but there were also a good spattering of services cos catering to advertising, jobs, accounting, automobile, transportation etc.
In addition to the stalls where one could understand each one’s offerings, there were:
- A keynote by Ashok Soota on beginning an entrepreneurial journeys
- Structured ‘knowledge’ sessions with established firms sharing trends and ideas
- Presentations by start-ups in a hall where they spoke in 5-7 minute sessions, and
- Meet the Venture Capitalist sessions where the VCs and start-ups had one on one sessions for funding.
The VCs were all over the place evaluating ideas and looking for the next ‘big idea’ to fund.
Do you find this site useful? You can:
- Check back on this website www.jainmatrix.com for updates.
- Subscribe to be the first to receive new posts. Enter your email on the ‘Subscribe’ box at the top right of this page
- Or Click on this Signup Form CLICK
- Socialize with us – Like on Facebook or Follow on Twitter
- Be sure to add email@example.com to your address book or safe sender list so our emails get to your inbox.
- Add your comments/ queries below
These reports and documents have been prepared by JainMatrix Investments Ltd. They are not to be copied, reused or made available to others without prior permission of JainMatrix Investments. Any questions should be directed to the director of JainMatrix Investments at firstname.lastname@example.org