Date: May 21, 2012 SBI Market Price: 2020
This Indian Banking heavyweight declared outstanding results on May 18th for FY12.
SBI chairman Pratip Chaudhuri reported improvements: PAT has shot up 43% over that of FY11. Dividend has been increased from 300% to 350% of Face Value of Rs 10.
SBI has also successfully managed a significant improvement in asset quality. Its gross NPAs fell to 4.44% from last quarter’s 4.61%. Significant restructuring has helped recognize and recover NPA.
Lets do a quick Analysis of this stock to see where its heading.
A 5-year view of the share price of SBI shows us:
- Share price has risen 17% per annum over the last 5 years.
- The all time high was 3515 in Nov 2010. Today it is 43% below this peak.
- The current market cap is 1,35,000 cr. ranking it #6 among Indian firms.
- EPS, Income and PAT have appreciated by 19%, 21%and 19% CAGR over this 5-year period.
- P/E has moved in a range of 6 – 21 times. Current P/E of 8.5 indicates Underpriced status.
- PEG is at 0.44 – indicates undervalued status
- SBI is today an under priced stock. Investors can buy at these lower levels.
JainMatrix Knowledge Base:
See other useful reports
Disclosure: It is safe to assume that if the JainMatrix website recommends a stock, the researcher has already invested in it.
Do you find this site useful? You can:
- Check back on this website www.jainmatrix.com for updates.
- Subscribe to be the first to receive new posts. Enter your email on the ‘Subscribe’ box at the top right of this page
- Or Click on this Signup Form CLICK
- Socialize with us – Like on Facebook or Follow on Twitter
- Be sure to add email@example.com to your address book or safe sender list so our emails get to your inbox.
- Add your comments/ queries below
These reports and documents have been prepared by JainMatrix Investments Ltd. They are not to be copied, reused or made available to others without prior permission of JainMatrix Investments. Any questions should be directed to the director of JainMatrix Investments at firstname.lastname@example.org