JainMatrix Investments launched this portfolio in Jan 2012, when we published the report ‘Bottom fishing in 2012’. To read this now, click on LINK. This is the final review of this portfolio.
In Jan, we said, ‘A bottom is in place, and the price reversal has started‘; there is ‘a change in sentiment‘ and ‘a coordinated rise ’in the share prices. We suggested a portfolio of nine stocks for preferably SIP investment.
Today, Ten months later, lets check this portfolio for investor gains – how has it performed?
Report Jan 17th
|Review Feb 20th||Gain/ Loss %||Review 27th Nov||Gain/ Loss %||Sector||Mkt Cap k Crores||
Find out more?
|232||25||303||64||Consumer||L – 27|
|364||28||434||52||Bank||L – 16|
|61||24||63||28||Power||M – 1.6|
|Hanung Toys & Textiles||
|140.6||10||164||28||Consumer||S – 0.4|
|BGR Energy Systems||
|339||48||268||17||Power||M – 1.9|
|124.1||2.5||129||7||Cement+||S – 0.4|
|Diamond Power Infra||
|138||24||109||-2||Power||S – 0.4|
|Adani Port & SEZ||
|150.5||12||130||-4||Ports, SEZ||L – 26|
|208||36||126||-17||Infra||M – 4.2|
k – ‘000
|BSE Small Cap||
Observations & Learnings:
- The portfolio’s absolute appreciation since Jan is an avg. gain of 19.2%!! It has outperformed all indices!!
- Investment by SIP fashion from Jan’12, gives absolute gains of 11.1% so far, annualized to 13.3%.
- Supporting this portfolio are research reports with Links included in above table.
- Consumer and Banking sectors have emerged as better performers, while Power and Infra are weaker.
Suggestions and Risks:
- This portfolio will appreciate, but invest in each stock with a minimum one year perspective.
- This is an aggressive portfolio, so do not invest in only 1-2 stocks. Invest monthly in a SIP form.
- Past performance is no indication of future results. In fact leadership in this portfolio has changed often.
New Model Portfolio (Mid Cap)
- While we continue to be optimistic of the prospects of this portfolio, this will be the final such report.
- A new Model Portfolio (Mid-Cap) is being created that will reflect the changing trends in this market. To access this, and other valuable research, readers need to sign up with JainMatrix Investments as a Paid Subscriber, see LINK.
These reports and documents are prepared by JainMatrix Investments Ltd. They are not to be copied, reused or made available to others without prior permissions; for any questions contact the director of JainMatrix Investments at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also see: https://jainmatrix.wordpress.com/disclaimer/